How to Make Pancakes with Almond Flour
While all-purpose flour is commonly used to make pancakes, it isn’t the only option. You could also choose to swap the regular flour for almond flour, which is completely grain- and gluten-free. It’s an easy replacement: Just use the same amount of almond flour as you would all-purpose flour. The result is a pancake with a sweet and nutty flavor that’s also more filling than a regular pancake.
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 egg whites
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, butter, and milk until smooth.
- Combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Then, whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just enough to combine them. A few lumps in the batter are OK.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites into stiff peaks with an electric mixer. Then, gently fold them into the batter.
- Set a small skillet on the stove on medium-low heat. Once it heats up, melt some butter on the skillet and wait for it to bubble. Then, dish out your batter onto the pan.
- When bubbles form over the surface of the pancakes, it’s time to flip them! Then, let the other side cook for one minute before removing them from the heat.
- Add toppings like butter, syrup, honey, fruit, ice cream, or yogurt and serve.