Low Calorie Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener of preference (I like Stevia)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 overly ripe bananas (mashed)
- 4 egg whites (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in your flour, baking powder, sweetener, and salt together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, vanilla extract, egg whites, and mashed banana. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well until your pancake batter is well combined.
- Over medium heat, set a non-stick pan or griddle on the stove and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray. Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour 1/3 cup scoops of pancake batter onto your hot pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until you start to see bubbles form on the surface and the bottom is golden brown. Flip your pancake using a spatula and cook the opposite side for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pancake toppings. Maple syrup, powdered sugar, butter, whipped cream, and/or fresh berries are all great options!