Why Pancakes Are So Popular
Pancakes have existed for centuries all over the world, and it’s not hard to see why:
- You can make pancakes using common ingredients you already have in the house.
- They’re easy and quick to make: Just mix up the batter and fry them in a pan or on a griddle.
- Pancakes can be made in large quantities to feed a crowd; just pop them in a low oven to keep them warm until you’re ready to eat. You can also make them ahead of time and freeze them.
- Thanks to their relatively mild taste, pancakes pair well with a multitude of different toppings, both sweet and savory. They’re easy to adapt into a breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert option.
- Pancakes have their own holiday! Pancake Day, also known as Shrove Tuesday, is a holiday of feasting that’s intended to use up rich ingredients like milk, butter, and eggs before the Lenten fast. Pancakes are an easy way to use all of those ingredients to make something delicious.