How To Cook Pancakes
Pancakes are an all-star breakfast option that can be made in many different ways to showcase its sweet and savory nature. While it may be easy to reach for a box mix and throw it together for breakfast, it’s not hard to learn how to cook pancakes from scratch and they’ll taste even better! Homemade pancakes are a crowd-pleaser that you can serve to family and friends quickly and with ease.
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 egg whites
Instructions to Cook Pancakes
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and melted butter until the ingredients are smooth. Add in your milk and whisk everything together.
- Combine your flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the bowl of dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip the egg whites into stiff peaks and then gently fold them into the batter without taking all the lumps out!
- Set your heat to a low medium setting while you let your batter rest. Once it’s heated up, add butter or non-stick cooking spray. When the butter starts bubbling you can add your batter. Make sure you only flip your pancake one tip: when bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake. Then you can cook the other side for one minute.
- Take your pancakes off the heat and serve them to your loved ones with toppings like butter, fruit, syrup, or whatever else you may like!