Make Pancakes and Freeze Them
You can make pancakes ahead of time and freeze them so that you’ll have delicious ready-made pancakes ready to eat when you’re ready for them.
Pancake Recipe to Freeze
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 egg whites
- Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl until smooth. Then add in the milk and whisk it again.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) together in a separate bowl then combine them with your wet ingredients.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites into stiff peaks with an electric hand mixer, then gently fold them into the batter lightly. Make sure you mix just enough to combine the ingredients; the batter should still be a little lumpy.
- Let your batter sit while you get the skillet heat up. You should set your burner to low medium heat and add butter or non-stick cooking spray. You can add your batter once the butter starts bubbling. When bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake it’s time to flip your pancake and then cook the other side for one minute.
- Take your pancakes off the heat and let them cool then put them in a container and stick them in the freezer.
How to Cook Frozen Pancakes
Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place your frozen pancakes on a baking sheet so they’re close together, but not touching, and let them bake for 10 minutes until they are warm, then they’re ready to be served with your favorite toppings!