Pancake to Water Ratio: Cheat Sheet for Perfect Pancakes from a Mix
Most boxed pancake mixes require you to add water, but the ratio between water and mix can vary from brand to brand. Here’s how much water you need to add:
- Hungry Jack: 1 cup of dry mix to ¾ cup of water
- Krusteaz: 1 cup of dry mix to 2/3 cup of water
- Mrs. Butterworth’s: 1 cup of dry mix to ¾ cup of water
- Pearl Milling Company: 1 cup of dry mix to ¾ cup of water
- Whole Foods: 1 cup of dry mix to 2/3 cup of water
However, keep in mind that the best pancake to water ratio can depend on the type of pancakes you prefer. If you like thinner, less fluffy pancakes, add more water to your mix; if you want thicker, fluffier pancakes, use a bit less water. If you’re making pancakes from scratch, the same general rule applies, though you may add either water or milk depending on the recipe you’re using.