As we rock through the years, we can’t help but focus on our health. Whether you’re going meatless all of the time, some of the time, or you want to make vegan pancakes for friends and family that follow a vegan lifestyle, you’ll be shocked at the fluffy texture and delicious flavors these give you. For a fluffy vegan pancake recipe that rocks without tasting like rocks, this is the one to use!
Watch KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick and Lisa Lane Kulick make vegan pancakes:
Best Vegan Pancake Recipe
Traditionally, eggs and milk are used to make pancakes. But we’ve got a VIP secret that will shred your notion of tasteless vegan pancakes to make the best vegan pancake recipe there is. They’re so good, you’ll forget they’re vegan!
Easy Vegan Pancake Recipe
Fluffy vegan pancakes take about as long as regular pancakes, which is basically 10 minutes from start to finish. And with simple ingredients you probably have already, you can go ahead and get started. Put on some KISS and shout it out loud!
Vegan Pancake Ingredients
- All-purpose flour – This kicks off the base to your vegan pancake mix.
- Baking powder – This will make your vegan pancakes rise with a fluffy texture.
- Sugar – You’ll need it to add some sweet flavors in.
- Non-dairy milk – Choose your favorite from oat milk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, or any other non-dairy milk you’ve got.
- Vanilla extract – Brings that sweetness around for an amazing flavor.
- Salt – Helps balance that sweet taste.
- Water – Gets the batter to the right texture.
- Avocado oil – It’s optional, but recommended to keep the vegan pancakes from becoming too dry.
How do you make vegan pancakes from scratch?
You’ll grab a large mixing bowl and whisk your dry ingredients together. Then you’ll add the wet ingredients and combine, allowing to rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat your skillet over medium heat. Add vegan butter or coconut oil if desired. Then add your batter, cooking until bubbles form on the tops of the pancakes. Flip and cook on the other side about 1 to 3 minutes. Serve it with your favorite toppings!
Expert Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Vegan Pancakes Every Time
- It’s ok if your batter is lumpy. You don’t want to over-mix this vegan pancake batter or you won’t get fluffy results.
- Let it rest. This batter will turn out better pancakes if you just give it 5 minutes to sit after combining.
- Oil is optional. But it is better because it will keep your pancakes from having a dry texture.
What are vegan pancakes?
Vegan pancakes are pancakes that are made without the eggs or traditional dairy. By using vegan substitutions, you can make vegan pancakes that taste just like the regular ones.
What are vegan pancakes made of?
Vegan pancakes are made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, non-dairy milk, water, vanilla extract, and avocado oil.
What can I use instead of egg for pancakes?
There are many egg substitutes you can use in pancakes. This recipe simply uses non-dairy milk and avocado oil to bind the other ingredients together, resulting in a perfect texture and taste.
What is the secret to perfect vegan pancakes?
You can’t forget the baking powder. This gets the pancakes to rise up and become fluffy so the texture is just like pancakes made the traditional way.
Is pancake mix vegan?
It will depend on the brand as many pre-made pancake mixes have powdered milk or dairy included. You will need to look for plant-based mixes. If you find a mix that does not have eggs or dairy in it, you can add your own non-dairy milk or water to the mix, or just follow this recipe to make them fresh without any worry of non-vegan ingredients!
How to cook vegan pancakes?
Vegan pancakes are cooked on your stovetop, just like traditional ones. The only difference is that these are made with non-dairy milk and without eggs.
Why are my vegan pancakes gummy?
If you overmix the batter or don’t let it rest for 5 minutes, you will wind up with gummy vegan pancakes. Using a good recipe helps you achieve the right results too.
What goes well with vegan pancakes?
You can make a nice vegan breakfast spread to go along with these vegan pancakes. A tofu scramble, oven-roasted breakfast potatoes, and tempeh bacon are all great choices.
How to store leftover vegan pancakes?
Vegan pancakes need to be put into the fridge if you have any leftover. Then you can enjoy them again at another meal.
How long do vegan pancakes last?
You can keep them in the fridge for a maximum of 5 days, preferably in an airtight container.
Can you freeze vegan pancakes?
Yes, they freeze well, just like regular pancakes. Put them in a freezer bag, making sure you get any air out and you can keep them there for up to 3 months.
How do you reheat vegan pancakes?
Vegan pancakes are easy to reheat in your microwave for a few seconds or the toaster oven until they’re warmed up.
Watch How To Make Vegan Pancakes (Video)
Vegan Pancake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (oat milk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut milk, etc)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil (optional: can omit for oil free pancakes)
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add in non-dairy milk, water, vanilla, and oil into the bow with the dry ingredients and stir to combine will. *Note: Lumpy pancake batter is ok. Do not over-mix your batter as your pancakes will not turn out as fluffy.
- Let pancake batter rest for 5 minutes
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat. If needed, you can oil the pan with vegan butter or coconut oil. Using a ladle, add about 1/2 cup of pancake batter and cook until bubbles start to form on the top. Then flip the pancake and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 1-3 minutes). Repeat as necessary with the remaining batter. Seal and store any unused pancake batter in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
- Serve pancakes warm with with pure maple syrup, vegan butter, and a side of fresh fruit.