Pancake Recipe with Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in your flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt together.
- Next, add in buttermilk, vanilla extract, egg, and butter. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Over medium heat, set a non-stick pan or griddle on the stove and lightly grease with butter. Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour 1/3 cup scoops of pancake batter onto your hot pan at a time. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until you start to see bubbles form on the surface and the bottom is golden brown. Flip your pancake using a spatula and cook the opposite side for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with your favorite pancake toppings. Maple syrup, powdered sugar, butter, whipped cream, and/or fresh berries are all great options!